Murfreesboro Violent Crimes Lawyer
Work with an Aggressive Criminal Defender in Tennessee
Violent crimes consist of offenses that involve harming another person through the use of weapons, force, or threat of violence. Most violent crimes are charged as felonies due to their aggressive nature against the safety and wellbeing of others in the community. State prosecutors take these types of crimes very seriously in an effort to protect the public. However, Tennessee crimes are defined by law and contain certain “elements” that must be demonstrated to the court beyond a reasonable doubt to obtain a conviction. Furthermore, you are innocent until proven guilty and the burden of proof rests upon the prosecution to prove that guilt.
While the prosecution works to gather evidence to convict you, Attorney Auffinger at the Law Office of Michael Auffinger will conduct his own investigation to show the opposite. He will meticulously review and analyze all the testimony, reports, police procedure, and all other evidence to find and expose any weak points in the case against you. These weak points are what can cast doubt on the state’s case that can result in dropped charges, acquittals, reduced charges, and other favorable outcomes. He will work to help ensure you are not overcharged or that harsher penalties are not imposed than what the situation calls for. Throughout it all, Attorney Auffinger will ensure that you are treated fairly and will decisively pursue what is in your best interests.
What are Violent Crimes in Tennessee?
Many types of crimes fall under the heading of “violent crimes.” These can include but are not limited to:
- Simple assault that includes the commission of bodily injury to another, physical contact with another that is offensive or provocative, or the commission of some act that puts the other person in fear of being injured, generally charged as a misdemeanor
- Aggravated assault that includes the commission of “serious” bodily injury or injury by strangulation, charged as a felony
- Domestic violence crimes that involve violent acts against a family or household member, such as assault, battery, stalking, or harassment, generally charged as a misdemeanor in a first offense
- Sexual battery or rape, charged as felonies ranging from the least serious Class E up to the most serious Class A depending on the circumstances
- Manslaughter that includes both involuntary manslaughter and voluntary manslaughter, charged as felonies ranging from Class E up to Class A depending on the circumstances
- Murder that includes both second-degree and first-degree, charged as felonies; first-degree is punishable by death or life imprisonment while second-degree carries Class A felony penalties
- Robbery that involves theft through violence, charged as a felony ranging from Class C to Class A depending on the circumstances
- Arson, generally charged as a Class C felony
- Carjacking that involves stealing a vehicle through violence or threat of violence, generally charged as a Class B felony
Penalties for Tennessee Violent Crimes
A violent crime conviction will generally lead to significant penalties, depending on the nature of the crime, the circumstances surrounding it, and your criminal history, if any. You could be at risk for jail or prison, heavy fines, community service, probation, an anger management program, or other sanctions. Additionally, you will likely lose your right to possess a gun and your right to vote.
Misdemeanor charges in Tennessee involve up to a year in jail along with fines of up to $2,500. Felony charges depend on the Class of felony you face. Please refer to the Felony Charges page on this site for a listing of the penalties involved in all ranges of Tennessee felonies.
Effective Defense Strategies from an Experienced Attorney
When facing accusations of a violent crime, it is essential that you have a strong defender in your corner as soon as possible. Even if you have not been formally charged but are under investigation, it is never too early to seek skilled legal representation. As a Murfreesboro violent crime attorney, Mr. Auffinger will thoroughly scrutinize the case brought against you by the prosecution, seeking weaknesses and flaws that can work in your favor. He will ensure that your best interests are diligently pursued and act as your advocate throughout all phases of the legal process.
Available in Your Time of Need
The firm is committed to making itself available by phone outside of normal office hours.
Experience & Comfort in Court
Michael Auffinger has successfully defended criminal allegations at all levels of the criminal court system.
A Proven Record of Results
Attorney Michael Auffinger obtained a rare reversal and dismissal at the Court of Criminal Appeals.
Aggressive Criminal Defense
When you hire Attorney Michael Auffinger, you get a committed fighter in the courtroom.